What data is collected?
Ostloong collects certain information or data about you when you use our Website. We collect:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Ostloong;
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up for our email newsletter;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details about what web browser version you use;
- information on how you use the site, using cookies;
- personal information contained in your CV sent through our Career section.
This data can be viewed by authorized people in Ostloong and our supplier organizations to:
- Ostloong may monitor and collect data on how the Website is used by authorized personnel and supplier organizations for the purpose of improving the Website.
- Feedback gathered from visitors may be used to improve Ostloong’s services, including but not limited to its email newsletter.
- Ostloong may respond to feedback provided by visitors who have explicitly requested a response.
- Visitors who request to receive Ostloong’s email newsletter may receive such communications from Ostloong.
- Ostloong may use personal information collected through the Website to make decisions concerning an individual’s employment, as applicable.
- The processing and use of your personal data for advertising purposes will only occur with your explicit and informed consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, which will take effect for the future processing of your personal data.
Our website uses a newsletter subscription service provided by MailChimp. The data collected during the registration process for the newsletter will be used solely for the purpose of distributing the newsletter, unless you have provided consent for other uses. You may cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided in the newsletter.
Third-party services we use
We utilize the services of MailChimp to disseminate our newsletter to visitors who have opted-in for it. Your personal data (your name and your email), is collected through MailChimp. You can find more information regarding MailChimp’s privacy practices on their website: https://mailchimp.com/.
Legal basis for processing (EEA only)
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (EEA), the collection and use of your personal data by us will be based on our legal grounds, which will be determined based on the specific context and type of personal information involved. Generally, we will only collect personal information from you where: (a) you have provided us with your consent, (b) we need the personal information to fulfill our contractual obligations with you (such as for entering into an employment agreement), or (c) the processing of your personal information is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, provided that your data protection rights and freedoms are not overridden. In some situations, we may also be obligated by law to collect your personal information, or we may need to collect it to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
EEA Resident Rights
If you are an individual resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights regarding your personal data. These rights include the following:
- Right of access, correction, update or deletion: You have the right to access, correct, update, or request the deletion of your personal information at any time. You may do so by contacting us at [email protected].
- Right to restrict processing or data portability: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information or that we provide your personal information to you in a portable format. You may exercise these rights by contacting us at [email protected].
- Right to object and unsubscribe: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, and you can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email or contacting us at [email protected].
- Right to withdraw consent: If we process your personal information based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted on legal processing grounds other than consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in the EEA about our collection and use of your personal information.
We will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. However, we reserve the right to retain certain information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Privacy of minors
To access or use our Website, individuals must be at least 16 years of age. Otherwise, individuals under the age of 16 may only use our Website under the direct supervision of a parent, guardian or other responsible adult. In the event that we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without obtaining parental consent, we kindly request that you contact us immediately. If we become aware that personal information has been collected from a child under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take necessary steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information only as long as necessary to provide you with access to the Website and to achieve the purposes set out in this Policy. This also applies to any third parties with whom we share your personal information and who perform services on our behalf. The length of time we retain personal information can vary considerably depending on the type of information and how it is used. When we no longer require your personal information for the stated purpose, we will delete it from our systems entirely and request our subcontractors to do the same.
Ostloong employs appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal data we collect and process against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access. These measures are continuously evaluated and enhanced as technology and circumstances change to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of our processing systems and services.
The information about you that we collect, process, and/or use through ostloong.com website is controlled by Ostloong Innovations AG (Feldgüetliweg 112, 8706 Meilen, Switzerland).
Transfer of data
For data subjects from the EEA, please note that Ostloong may transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to its affiliates for the purposes described in this policy. We take additional measures when transferring information from the EEA, which includes incorporating standard clauses approved by the European Commission into our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. In addition, we rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries for data transfers to countries outside the EEA, as applicable. If you would like to inquire more about the measures we take to ensure the secure transfer and processing of your information, please contact us via [email protected].
If you do not accept the terms of this Policy, your only recourse is to discontinue the use of this website and to request the deletion of your personal data by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our newsletter or by sending us an email.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
Ostloong Innovations AG, Feldgüetliweg 112, 8706 Meilen, Zurich, Switzerland